Diploma in Computer Science
Course Duration: 2 Years 3 Months
This course has been designed in response to the needs of the rapid development of the country and to support the growth and success of the Multimedia Super Corridor project introduced by the government. The design of the course curriculums not only emphasizes academic theories and practical applications, but it also takes into considerations the career prospect and future development of the students. Therefore, it covers most of the aspects of Information Technology. The course focuses mainly in system analysis, programming and system development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Graduate can utilize computer science knowledge, suitable methodologies, scientific approaches and computing tools to solve computer science problems and develop computer applications creatively and ethically.
PEO2: Graduate is capable, practical and technically competent in computer science discipline to meet industry requirements.
PEO3: Graduate has relevant knowledge of problem-solving and analytical skills for independent and lifelong learning.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
1. Graduates are able to apply the knowledge of algorithm, software methods and computer system in computer science field.
2. Graduates are able to demonstrate theoretical principles, programming and technical skills of computer science into practice and in relevant areas.
3. Graduates are responsible to the works assigned to them and able to demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal and social skills in groups or teams.
4. Graduates have good moral responsibility to carry out their duties as software coder and to work ethically in their workplace and even in society.
5. Graduates are able to communicate effectively both in written and spoken form with ICT professionals and show their leadership to lead juniors in computer applications development projects or even in management level.
6. Graduates are able to utilize relevant techniques and appropriate methodologies in analyzing problem solving, designing, implementing and managing ICT solutions and computer applications.
7. Graduates are able to use different ways to continue their further study, carry out research and analyze on ICT problems, and accumulate the information and knowledge for their career development.
8. Graduates are trained on the basic programming skills, system analysis process, computer science principle and practice studies. The studies thus provide the understanding and platform for graduates to further their interests into entrepreneurship, management and design skills.
• Introduction to Programming
• Discrete Mathematics
• System Analysis and Design
• Database System Design
• Computer Organization and Architecture
• Operating System
• Networking and Distributed System
University College Core Modules
• Communicative English
• Chinese / Basic Chinese
• Physical Education I
• Physical Education II
• Contemporary Literacy
• Computer System
• Mathematics for Computing
• Java Programming
• Advanced Java Programming
• Data Structure and Algorithm
• Human Computer Interaction
• Visual Basic.Net
• Internet Application
• Web-Based Systems
• Introduction to Multimedia
• Business Information System
• Project Management
• Strategic Information System
University College Core Modules
• General English
• Fundamental of Mathematics
• Advanced Mathematics
• Industrial Training
• Web Designer
• Software Developer
• Software Engineer
• Systems Engineer
• Systems Administrator
• Database Analyst
• Database Engineer
• Database Specialist
• SPM / O-Level: 3 credits including Mathematics;
• UEC: Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics;
• Other recognized equivalent qualifications.