Bachelor of Software Engineering (Honours)
Course Duration: 3 Years 3 Months
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To produce graduates who can utilize state-of-the-art knowledge, suitable methodologies and scientific approaches in requirements analysis, design, evaluation, implementation, maintenance and evolution of high quality software systems.
PEO2: To produce graduates who are capable of undertaking analysis, research and development in the field of software engineering and software-related technology.
PEO3: To produce graduates who are able to demonstrate consistent professional ethics with high integrity.
PEO4: To produce graduates who have knowledge of managerial and problem-solving skills for independent and lifelong learning..
PEO5: To develop the employability skills, knowledge of technopreneurship and managerial skills of the graduates in future employment.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
1. Graduates are able to apply the knowledge and skills they gained in explaining software concepts, analyzing software problems and designing useful software.
2. They are doers who can put programming and analytical skills into practice. Besides that, they are practical person who are always willing to listen, interact and communicate with people.
3. Graduates are responsible to the works assigned to them. They are able to work, cooperate and communicate in groups or teams: team work spirit is highly emphasized.
4. Graduates have good moral responsibility to carry out their duties as software engineers and to work ethically in their workplace and even in society.
5. Graduates are communicative and present their ideas to others in a clear and concise manner. They are able to show their leadership to lead juniors in software development projects or even in management level.
6. Graduates able to think out of the boxes and keep abreast of current development of ICT. They are also able to carry out research work independently or in groups.
7. Graduates are able to use different ways to continue their further study, carry out research and analyze on ICT problems, and accumulate the information and knowledge for their career development.
8. Graduates are trained on the basic programming skills, system analysis process, software engineering, information technology principle and practice studies. The studies thus provide the understanding and platform for graduates to further their interests into entrepreneurship, management and design skills.
• Java Programming II
• Discrete Mathematics
• Quantitative Methods
• Introduction to Information Technology
• Data Structure and Algorithm
• Database Systems
• Introduction to Networks and Communication Systems
• Operating System
• Social and Professional Issues
• Information Security and Assurance
• Software Engineering
• Computer Organization and Architecture
• Human Computer Interaction
• Object-Oriented Programming
• Software Testing
• Software Design
• Software Evolution and Maintenance
• Software Process
• Software Quality
• Object-Oriented System Modeling and Analysis
• Web Development
• Advanced Networks & Communications
• Principle of Public Relation
• Mobile Application Development
• Fundamental of Image Processing
• Multimedia Design
• Principle of Management
• Artificial Intelligence
• Introduction to Advertising
• Digital Media Marketing
• Internet Applications
Final Year Project
• Final Year Project II
• Industrial Training
• Software Engineer
• Software Developer
• Project Manager
• System Analyst
• Software Quality Executive
• IT Consultant
• System Support and Maintenance
• UEC: Grade B in 5 subjects, including Advanced Mathematics;
• Foundation: Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM;
• Diploma: Pass with minimum CGPA of 2.5 and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM;
• Other recognized equivalent qualifications.