Diploma in Information Technology
Course Duration: 2 Years 3 Months
Based on the information technology, business and industrial needs, the curriculums are designed to provide students with the techniques and knowledge in the applications and process of Information technology, as well as to train the students to be excellent at data analysis and information management. The graduates will also be well-equipped with both computer and business knowledge so that they will be able to enter the job market with strong technical skills.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: Graduate can utilize information technology knowledge, suitable methodologies, scientific approaches and technique to solve organisational problems and develop computer software according to the organisational needs creatively and ethically.
PEO2: Graduate is capable, practical and technically competent in ICT discipline to meet industry requirements.
PEO3: Graduate has relevant knowledge of problem-solving and analytical skills for independent and lifelong learning.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
1. Graduates are able to apply the knowledge of organizational and system needs in ICT field.
2. Graduates are able to demonstrate theoretical principles, programming and technical skills of information technology into practice and in relevant areas.
3. Graduates are responsible to the works assigned to them and able to demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal and social skills in groups or teams.
4. Graduates have good moral responsibility to carry out their duties as software coder and to work ethically in their workplace and even in society.
5. Graduates are able to communicate effectively both in written and spoken form with ICT professionals and show their leadership to lead juniors in computer applications development projects or even in management level.
6. Graduates are able to utilize relevant techniques and appropriate methodologies in analyzing problem solving, designing, implementing and managing ICT solutions and computer applications.
7. Graduates are able to use different ways to continue their further study, carry out research and analyze on ICT problems, and accumulate the information and knowledge for their career development.
8. Graduates are trained on the basic programming skills, system analysis process, information technology principle and practice studies. The studies thus provide the understanding and platform for graduates to further their interests into entrepreneurship, management and design skills.
• System Analysis and Design
• Database System Design
• Networking and Distributed System
• Computer Organization and Architecture
• Operating System
• System Security and Control
• Project I
• Project II
University College Core Modules
• Mathematics for Computing
• Calculus and Algebra
• Statistics and Probability
• Internet Application
• Introduction to Multimedia
• Software Development
• Object-oriented Programming
• Data Structure and Algorithm
• Project Management
• Web-based Systems
• Human Computer Interaction
• Software Engineering
• Strategic Information Systems
University College Core Modules
• Fundamental of Mathematics
• Advanced Mathematics
• Web Designer
• Software Developer
• Network Engineer
• System Engineer
• IT Administrator
• Database Administrator
• Database Engineer
• UEC: Grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics;
• Other recognized equivalent qualifications.