- About Us
- Faculty of Art & Design
- Faculty of Business & Management
- Faculty of Chinese Medicine
- Faculty of Chinese Studies
- Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- School of Foundation Studies
- Southern Institute of Technical Education (SITE)
- School of Professional Continuing Education (SPACE)
- Sim Mow Yu Chinese Education & Teacher Training Centre
- Institute Of Graduate Studies & Research
- Research Centre
- Research Institute of Chinese Ethnicity and Culture
- A+i Design Research Centre
- Centre for Business & Management Research
- Research Centre of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence, Robotic, and IoT (CARI)
- Education, Psychology and Counselling Research Centre
- Social Sciences Research Centre (SSRC)
- Centre for Malaysian Studies
- Campus Life
Life in Johor Bahru
Johor Bahru, also known as JB, is the southernmost city in Malaysia and also the capital of Johor. It is the 2nd largest city in Malaysia with more than 2.7 million inhabitants. There’s never a dull moment living in JB. There are many places to explore and to enjoy your meals. People can also enjoy the convenience of public transport while travelling around JB. Students who study at Southern UC can also enjoy the dynamic campus life.
You may get around on foot in heart of the city but the best option would be to drive or take a taxi. You can easily get into a private car by calling Grab Car. The other option is by bus. There are many bus stops along the road in JB.
Shopping in JB is a treat. You can easily find shopping malls everywhere in JB. Shopping complexes such as Johor Premium Outlet, Aeon Tebrau City, Mid Valley Southkey, City Square JB and Paradigm Mall, are some of the malls you can find designer brands as well as local and independent brands. Indulge yourself with the wonderful shopping experience in JB.
JB is also famous for its mouth-watering cuisines. You can find many places to have your meal. Not only will you be able to find very authentic local dishes in JB, but also other cuisines such as Japanese, Western, Korean, Taiwan and other exquisite cuisines to satisfy you taste buds.