- About Us
- Faculty of Art & Design
- Faculty of Business & Management
- Faculty of Chinese Medicine
- Faculty of Chinese Studies
- Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Science
- School of Foundation Studies
- Southern Institute of Technical Education (SITE)
- School of Professional Continuing Education (SPACE)
- Sim Mow Yu Chinese Education & Teacher Training Centre
- Institute Of Graduate Studies & Research
- Research Centre
- Research Institute of Chinese Ethnicity and Culture
- A+i Design Research Centre
- Centre for Business & Management Research
- Research Centre of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence, Robotic, and IoT (CARI)
- Education, Psychology and Counselling Research Centre
- Social Sciences Research Centre (SSRC)
- Centre for Malaysian Studies
- Campus Life
Doctor of Business Administration
Course Duration Full time: 3 – 7 years Part-time: 4 – 9 years
Southern University College (SUC) launches the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) the highest professional degree in the business and management field. This programme empowers the region and nation’s economic development. The corporate managers and entrepreneurs will have the chance to boost their competency and business through the lesson learned from the DBA programme.
The DBA programme aims to provide the learner with rigorous, in-depth, and advanced business research knowledge and practical problem-solving skills. It also aims to inculcate in them a systematic and ethical approach to conducting business and management research in specialized areas, thereby contributing new insights to managerial best practices.
The uniqueness of the Programme
The DBA programme aims at developing leadership in the field of business administration. It primarily focuses on theories and methodologies related to research and practice, breadth and depth of study, processes as well as best practices in global business management environments. Learners will be trained to address business and management issues that can arise from global businesses. This programme helps learners break through the bottleneck of business or management dilemmas. It promotes learners to the next level of career advancement or a higher level of business platform.
After completion of the programme, graduates must be able to;
·Utilise the advanced theoretical and practical knowledge in business for situational analyses, critical decision thinking, and evaluating the effective handling of business problems and opportunities. Learners will be trained to address issues that can arise from global businesses.
·Have managerial, entrepreneurial, and professional skills through sound theory and rigorous research to solve complex issues and lead effectively and responsibly in different organisations.
·Adapt and apply a broad range of digital applications and analytical techniques competently to access, evaluate, and apply scholarly materials to support business functions.
·Employ effective business collaborative and interpersonal communication skills in a variety of modalities to communicate strategic approaches to business practices and translate research findings into actionable guidelines for management.
·Grow their knowledge spirally, expand their skill set and develop their future opportunities by their commitment and seek learning for continuous development in acquiring knowledge and competencies.
·A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in related fields as accepted by SUC Senate, OR
·A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in non-related fields as accepted by SUC Senate, subject to having relevant working experience and rigorous internal assessment.
·International students should achieve a minimum Band 4 in MUET OR equivalent to CEFR (Mid B2).
Medium of Instruction: English
Semester System: One short and two long semesters each per year
Duration of Study:
Full-time (3 – 7 Years)
Part-time (4 – 9 Years)
March/ June/ October
the DBA programme adopted the global perspective in its design of the programme structure, curricula, and pedagogy. The student is required to take 10 modules. These include nine compulsory modules and one elective module. The DBA Project Paper is designed as an application-oriented research project undertaken with the supervision and guidance of a faculty member.
The DBA course will be commenced in October 2022.
- Corporate Finance Strategy
- Global Economic Theory & Issues
- Business Accounting & Finance for Decision Making
- Contemporary Management
- Human Resource Management
- Global Strategic Marketing & Competitive Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Literature Review & Research Design
- Data Analysis, Interpretation & Presentation
Elective Modules(Choose one of the following)
- Digital Business
- Business Consultation Tactic
- Strategic Entrepreneurial Growth
- Organisation Change Management
- Leadership and Organisational Effectiveness
- More than 50,000 words