Diploma in Financial Analysis
Course Duration: 2 Years 4 Months
The Diploma in Financial Analysis equips students with professionally benchmarked finance and investment knowledge. By strengthening the core foundation in finance and investment, it is hoped that students are well-prepared for future professional qualification. Launched in August 2008, The Diploma in Financial Analysis is regarded as one of the pioneering finance program in the Southern Region of Malaysia. With years of historical track record and experience, the program has grown from strength to strength with a pool of dedicated lecturers from specialized discipline and industrial background. Finance is a modern and fascinating discipline dealing with money, markets, valuation and investment. Financial management is highly important and relevant to all aspects of business, personal and professional planning.
Three Excellent Reasons Why You Should Choose Diploma in Financial Analysis:
– You desire a career in finance and investment analysis, which can be interesting, exciting and rewarding.
– You are interested in evaluation of firms, projects, real and financial assets. You want to be the decision maker when it comes to investment opportunity.
– You are interested in learning about finance for personal reasons and benefit from an understanding of how finance affects personal lives. This concerns areas such as personal investing and portfolio management, insurance, risk management, personal investing and estate planning.
The objective of this course is to prepare students with the basic concepts, knowledge, competencies, tools and techniques associated with the financial and investment analysis. This program prepares students to face the challenging industry. In addition to gaining professional financial knowledge, students will develop strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, decision-making and information technology skills for success in today’s environment.
– To impart students with financial and investment knowledge and practical skills in the industry;
– To prepare the students for the transition to higher level of investment analysis and fund management education; and
– To contribute to the development of national economy by equipping students with market relevant career skills.
This Diploma program is focuses on the fundamentals of financial analysis and investment. Upon completion of the program, students will have basic knowledge of the financial market and its operation; financial instruments such as equity, bond, derivatives, mutual fund, insurance, deposit and loan. In addition, students can perform analysis on these instruments using time value of money, statistical knowledge, and valuation technique.
This allows students to contribute in investment decision making, recommendation and trading strategy. In addition, students are equipped with business fundamentals knowledge, economics, statistics, information technology as well as communication skills to face the challenges in at work.
The Diploma in Financial Analysis is accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency. The program incorporates part of the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) syllabus into the curriculum. The curriculum is based on the Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK) of the CFA program which covers economics, quantitative methods, financial statement analysis, corporate finance, equity, fixed income, derivatives, personal wealth management as well as ethics and professional standard. This specialized course of study is “CFA@ Track” or CFA@ Concentration”, and is well designed and modified to suit the learning outcomes of the course. In essence, this course stresses on professional practice of financial analysis.
Example of issues addressed in the course:
– How to invest in stock and bond?
– Why do stock markets crash?
– Should firms raise capital by issuing shares or debts?
– How do investors manage the risk arising from the volatility of financial markets?
– How do financial derivatives such as options and futures market function?
– How markets function to equate the demand and supply of capital?
This course enhances the employability of students and enables them to fulfil the workplace demands. Graduates can work in the following organizations:
– Financial institutions
– Insurance companies
– Investment bank
– Stockbroking house
– Fund management companies
– Unit trust companies
– Listed and multinational corporations
Common Core Module
• Business Communication
• Business Finance
• Business Law
• Computer Applications
• Corporate Finance
• Financial Accounting I
• Financial Accounting II
• Fundamentals of Management
• Fundamentals of Marketing
• Information Technology
• Management and Cost Accounting
• Principles of Investment
• Quantitative Methods
Discipline Core / Specialization Modules
• Business Ethics for Investment Profession
• Equity Investment Analysis
• Financial Statement Analysis I
• Financial Statement Analysis II
• Fixed Income Investment Analysis
• International Finance
• Personal Finance
Select Any Two
• General English
• Business Mathematics
• Consumer Behavior
• Cross Cultural Management
• International Business
• International Relations
• Introduction to Logistics Operations
• Sales Management
• Business Research Methods
• Human Resource Management
• International Marketing
• Communicative English
6. Any Certificate in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 out of 4.00.